Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Two of you may recall how objectively hideous I found my Danskos when I bought them. I don't think I'm very needy overall (please post a comment to that effect, pretty please), but I wanted some serious encouragement for this purchase at Abbadaba. As my hero from Don't Tell Mom The Babysitter's Dead, Sue Ellen Crandall, would say, 'Times they are a changing.' Over last year, I went from wearing them with scrubs exclusively to with dress pants and a top, even stretching to a skirt and tights. Now that I'm in a third world country, I've been able to let go of any remaining stigma: today I'm rocking my Danskos with my purple capris (formerly the antichrist of pants) and white puma ankle socks.


I'm listening to:
Bjork- Volta
declare independence (from anything aesthetically pleasing?)

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

what are you trying to say char? i bought two pairs of these in college - they are my fave! but i like the open heeled ones. you know, there was this article in food & wine about this woman from scandinavia who comes to nyc once a year to fit folks for hand made clogs, and most of her patrons are in the restaurant or med areas. interesting shit, dude.

3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.