Saturday, November 17, 2007

business trip

Hello. I have yet to see a copy of the Herald Tribune during my travels, but the Economist is going strong down here. My favorite quote from this week, from an article on American, Dolly Parton, and Dollywood:
Her composition [I Will Always Love You] was a global smash. Whitney Houston's cover alone sold more than 10m copies. Saddam Hussein used an Arabic version as a campaign song in 2002, though it would be unfair to blame Ms Parton for his victory, since there was no one else on the ballot.
All that to say that I'm at the beach now, having been abandoned by my wonderful and inspiring colleagues who stayed through the weekend to help at two of my sites. I'll be here until Friday, training a nurse we just hired and trying to track down patients discharged, hospitalized, and transferred. Things are feeling very good.

I had the single grossest meal I've had in years at lunch: a big sub roll with hunks of butter, smothered in cheese covering smoked chicken, pineapple, and 'thai' sauce. I don't know quite how I went so wrong with a smoked chicken sandwich, but it was a nice adventure.


I'm listening to:
Fiona Apple- Tidal

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.