Monday, January 16, 2006

stop the presses

My new favorite Bloc Party song, Helicopter, is about President Bush? Seriously? After I took a break from Parting Gift but prior to moving on to Calendar Girl, I spent Friday and Saturday newly revitalized on the Bloc Party song that everyone else was listening to while I was obsessed with This Modern Love. And now, just having finally googled the lyrics as internet is out at home, I find this:
Three out of five, three out of five (it's not enough)
Six out of ten
Better luck next time
Just like his Dad, just like his Dad (the same mistakes)
Some things will never be different
Hungry and dumb, hungry and dumb (so wait in line)
Queuing up for some more junk food
It's not my fault, it's not my fault (just this once)
They're getting so much younger

I completely missed the boat on that one. I guess the song is now sort of less amazing than before when I thought it was an obtuse love song, in the same way that M.I.A. combining un-insightful political jabs with not-funny jokes about Kate Moss and mascara on M.I.A. is not very witty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.