Monday, October 17, 2005

Half way through the first half of the second half of the first half. Whew.

The night is still young, but this may turn out to be the first medical school exam that hasn't made me cry. Further: at no point this weekend have I curled up in the fetal position to bemoan my fate as a future doctor not so sure about the doctor bit.

To what do I owe this new zen? I'm still trying to work that out. It's not because of preparedness; I would say I'm less prepared than normal (maybe I should quit while I'm ahead and not think too hard about this). I'm not more interested in this material than usual, though I do like the abstract manner in which we learn about all these heart defects. I said when I started I wanted to work on balance in my life. I'm pretty glad with how I've turned out thus far. Not only have I been keeping in touch, I have the remnants of several candy packages littering my living room as proof that I am appreciated. I studied in the park this afternoon, reading about Listeria monocytogenes and Legionella pneumophilia, both of which can live inside macrophages (that's just an aside. You'd want to treat them with erythromycin or another macrolide that can get inside there to kill them). But I was chilling in the park and it was beautiful outside; I felt at peace. Take it for what you want.

And soon, I'll put aside these last few EKG notes and watch what is sure to be an awesome Laguna Beach episode. So happy to see LC getting her just dues.


I'm listening to:
Manu Chao- Clandestino

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.