Tuesday, September 25, 2007

esta muy

Truth is, I don't really know how to make a blog that's relevant or fixed in time or interesting. Maybe that's Mrs. Smith's final curse: not only am I petrified of showing others my writing and permanently self-conscious regarding word choice and syntax, but now I can't even put together the means to document my year abroad.

So it's quite an honor to be in South America visiting this solid public health infrastructure system about which I've read so much over the last few years. An honor and also scary as I prepare to move to Africa in the hopes of paralleling the work of 8 people over 2 years mostly by myself over 10 months.

Yesterday found me stretching my Spanish to heretofore unheard of limits as we combed through all the various databases and spreadsheets through which they track the 300 patients enrolled in my study. After lunch we went to two clinics to comb through patient charts and clarify the precise dates for TB episodes, medication starts and switches, sputa collections, oh my!


I'm listening to:
M.I.A.- Arular

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.