Friday, July 27, 2007

Klaxon, Klaxoff

My mom's new car has Sirus. I was bopping down the GW Parkway with M.I.A. and LCD Soundsystem when I became annoyed: here was the commercialization of indie music. I felt better when I learned the program was curated/hosted by Brooklyn Vegan, whom I quite enjoy, schedule permitting. Then he went off on the Klaxons as being undeserving of their slot opening for Bjork this summer, and I was back in a huff: the Klaxons are an awesomer, looser version of TV on the Radio, and they make me want to dance. I want to dance at a Bjork show, not listen to Beirut moan, thank you very much. So no longer annoyed, but not in that peaceful Wanderlust place either.

:hops off soapbox


I'm listening to:
The Klaxons- Myths of the Near Future

p.s. I spent a good portion of the year arguing that MRSA precautions were worthless. I would say that MRSA was here to stay, and that the 4 dollar gowns we were each supposed to don prior to entering an infected patient's room were at best a ridiculous waste of resources and at worst a lame panacea. This article and the scientific one to which it links prove me wrong, and that's cool.

p.p.s. I'm still totally creeped out by VRE, but that's because enterococcus mutated in an unexpected manner to acquire resistance whereas MRSA's escape was predictable, easy for its genome, and probably happens all the time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.