Wednesday, July 25, 2007

la la la

Vacating my apartment, I realized there were a few things that would not fit in my storage unit. Two were chairs my mother had hoped to drive home to DC, reupholster and reintegrate into her life. There was also a grungy white bookshelf. Either way, time ran short, and those items ended up on the curb. Over my shoulder running one last time to my storage unit, I told my mother to put my La La out there. She sat La La up in conversation on one of the chairs, and when I got back from my final run, all were gone.

I've slept with La La most nights since 1999. It was an impulse buy at Bed Bath and Beyond as I was moving in to my freshman college dorm, and I've long debated its gender. I've implored many a guest to lie down and cuddle with the thing after making fun of me for sleeping with a teletubby. Usually not convinced, they were at least silenced. La La is gone now, and I'm a little sad.


I'm listening to:
Bjork- Volta. In particular, Wanderlust

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.