Sunday, September 23, 2007

I read Into the Wild this week after hearing this thoughtful piece on NPR Wednesday. I do wonder whether it qualifies as chicklit for boys? I plowed through the book with the same angst to have finished reading it as I did reading Devil Wears Prada. I had a nice time, but I can't help but think that there's too much selection bias in all the case studies Krakauer includes in his analysis of Chris McCandless' personality, something about how people wandering off and being swallowed by the wild happens more than once a generation? I would make a more personal statement about entering the wild myself, but that would be too easy. And also, false.


I'm listening to:
The National- Boxer
trying, but failing, to enjoy.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You know, I had to read Into the Wild as part of Intro to Backpacking at Emory. I wrote a book report. It was crap. I did watch DWP the movie, and thought to myself how much it paralleled my experience in music :)

glad to know you're blogging....miss you tons!
let us know your mailing address so we can send you reminders of the E.U. - not the european union that is.

10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.