Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Here's a big I Hate You to Laura Blumenfeld who wrote the following on Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist for this morning's Washington Post:
"I gravitate towards insurmountable problems," Frist said, his long legs spilling between the front seats. "I try to use creative solutions." One day, he hopes to cure AIDS or cancer.
How can you write that sentence and not mention the fact that Frist doesn't even know how the HIV virus is transmitted:

GEORGE STEPHANOPOULOS

(Off Camera) Let me just, I wanted to move to another subject, let me just clear this up, though. Do you or do you not believe that tears and sweat can transmit HIV?

SENATOR BILL FRIST

It would be very hard. It would be very hard for tears and sweat, I mean, you can get virus in tears and sweat but in terms of the degree of infecting somebody, it would be very hard.

That from a December 2004 interview on This Week with George Stephanopoulos. Thanks for the fluff piece, Ms. Blumenfeld.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.