Sunday, April 30, 2006

Sunday

I remember some random shit from my college years. We're in the middle of a Nutrition module in Pathophysiology, which at the start sounded deceptively useful. "I would love to learn how to help my patients lose weight and eat the proper nutrients," I thought, which was just fucking wrong. Turns out Nutrition is just lame, complicated biochemistry pathways with a clever name. Med school 1, Awa 0.

So what I wanted to mention was that my first year of college- that would be Fall 1999 for those keeping track at home- I learned the 20 amino acids in my Biology I class. And I still remember the mneumonic I invented:

non-polar amino acids: VIMPP GlyAlaLeuTrp

polar amino acids: SC ThrAsn SerGln

charged amino acids: (+)AspGlu (-)LysArg H

Maybe some student of General Biology will find my mneumonic helpful. After all, six years later, I still do. In all likelihood, he'll find it dumb, and to him I pre-empt, "Bitch, I'm in medical school. You can eat shit, as I am living your dream."


For a while there, I thought I had a blog stalker, someone who had me rss'd and would read the page obsessively every time I posted. It made me uncomfortable, but I posted more to keep that person entertained. I wondered what kind of job the stalker had to check my website so frequently. Then it turned out that the Sitemeter was routing my home server through some other state, and it was just me obsessively reading my own blog. I felt pretty pathetic.


I'm listening to:
Blur- Live at the Budokan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.