Friday, May 19, 2006

I saw Pretty Girls Make Graves play a show. I think I was disappointed, and I think it's my fault. There was a subtlety missing to their live act and I hadn't anticipated that. The albums- and I'm thinking especially of The New Romance and Good Health because I don't much care for Elan Vital- have a sparkly magical quality to them. To me they sound like Andrea Zollo's in another room recording her vocals over the music, and that's what makes them a prettier punk band. And of course at the live show, they're all up there thrashing and sweating and making loud noise. So I blame myself for wearing my party dress and hoping to bounce instead of thrash. Though bounce I did, bounce I did.


I'm listening to:
PGMG- The New Romance

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.