Wednesday, March 22, 2006

burning out

It is a good thing that I won't be anyone's treating physician for several years, because the way I'm feeling now, if a patient came in with a funky bacterial infection, resistant to all the normal antibiotics and the weird ones too, some vancomycin resistant enterococcus that is also resistant to my workhorse third generation cephalosporin, cefTriaxone, and then the weird broad spectrum gram positive killers, Lineszolid and Daptomycin, I would be tempted to incinerate the motherfucker just so that those evil evil bacteria full of plasmids encoding efflux pumps would not be propagated. That's how frustrating I find these antibiotics.


I'm listening to:
David Bowie- Low
I know it doesn't send the right message at all, but I think it would be an awesome engagement party trick if my future fiancee got a band together to serenade me with Be My Wife.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.