Tuesday, January 03, 2006

happy new year to me

I guess someone decided to do something about the wealth disparity in the District and held up my adored Marion Barry.

For my own posterity, of the 600,000 tax-paying DC residents, only 50,000 make more than 30K/year. Just from one consulting firm, Barry made an average of 50K during previous years. Furthermore, "As a council member, Barry is paid $92,520 a year. He also is eligible to receive a $34,000 annual pension from the government."


I'm listening to:
Sigur Ros- Agaetis Byrjun
Every time I hear Staralfur, I want to be a radiant bride making her way down the aisle to meet her beloved. Every other minute of my life, not so much.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.