Friday, December 09, 2005

Hells yeah!

World Cup draw took place this afternoon.

France will face Switzerland, S. Korea, and Togo in the first round, with the hardest match first on June 13 against the Swiss. I'll grant you that we couldn't score against the Swiss a few weeks ago, but we beat them in the quarters (?) of the Euro in 2004. Togo is, of course, a no go (I'm going to regret saying that, aren't I? Because history does show that we lost the first match of the 2002 World Cup against an equally unknown West African team, by friends the Senegalese). South Korea is the team to whom we lost immediately before the last World Cup, setting off our streak of suckage. They're also the bitches that injured Zidane leading to downward shit spiral that was Japan/Korea.

Crappy luck for the US against both the Czech and Italy. Never liked them anyway. Portugal, my second favorite team, should do well against Mexico, Angola and Iran. No group of death that I can discern, but I've been on vacation from soccerness, with the exception of noting that that punk El-Hadji Diouf was pulled over for drunk driving this week. That kid has learned nothing from the blessings his feet have given him, they totally got away with petty theft in a jewelry store at the last word cup.

I'll be back on Monday with my picks and at some point later even my Top 25 albums of the year (in progress) and then songs.


I'm listening to:
The Arctic Monkeys

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.