Friday, September 23, 2005

Obviously I find some of med school, shall we say, stifling.

This was brought into relief last week when I attended an open AA meeting. We were asked to go for our Human Behavior course; I crutched on over and introduced myself to the facilitator.

I was moved by how thoughtful they were. Their interpersonal relationships and their roles in those relationships could be drawn upon to illustrate a step or their weaknesses. It was a level of introspection I’ve largely left behind the last year and a half. When I was living in Senegal, I kept a journal of exactly where my head was every day. Now that I’m in school, weeks go by in a monotonous whirl of classes and coffee shops.

I’m obviously happier this year. A lot of that has to do with the lack of dead body parts in my life. But I also think that I’ve become more mechanical in my studying, toiling through the day like a drone. While I’m certainly more at peace, is that because I’m no longer raging at all?


I'm listening to:
Super Furry Animals- Love Kraft

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.