Saturday, September 17, 2005

On Bush at National Cathedral

I'm sorry: did we integrate church and state while I was studying yesterday?

Because otherwise, inside National Cathedral or not, President Bush has absolutely no business giving this sermon:
And in our search we are reminded that God’s purposes are sometimes impossible to know here on earth. Yet even as we are humbled by forces we cannot explain, we take comfort in the knowledge that no one is ever stranded beyond God’s care.

The creator of wind and water is also the source of even a greater power: a love that can redeem the worst tragedy, a love that is stronger than death.

When I heard that speech yesterday, I threw my wallet at the car radio. I'm still just as incensed a day later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.