Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Unhappy Triad

In an effort to spend as little time in anatomy lab as possible last year, I dissected the butt while my partner dissected the knee. When it came time to demo our dissection, I just parroted back everything she told me to say (this strategy served me well throughout the course).

That's how I learned about the "unhappy triad." I remember blithely repeating back something like "the unhappy triad that occurs after a lateral knee blow, resulting in a torn medial collateral ligament, anterior cruciate ligament, and medial leminiscus."

These were the thoughts running through my head this morning as the sports medicine doctor mauled my knee until I cried. It looks like I'm going to have to wait for the MRI next week to confirm that the medial leminiscus tear; my Grade 3 (out of 3) MCL tear is making my knee too floppy to check the leminiscus. Awesome


I'm listeing to:
Sigur Ros: Takk...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.