Tuesday, April 04, 2006

grizzly bear

I spoke to my mom today. Love it:

Me: Next time you see [my step-brohter], tell him he looks just like the lead singer of Grizzly Bear, the hipster band that opened for The Books.
Mom: oh, who are they?
Me: just a lame band that opened for a band I like. They sound sortof like every other hipster band, and also like this group Elbow.
Mom: [(clearly struggling to maintain her credibility with me since the Crystal Method "I'm blue da-bo-dee" incident] The Yeah Yeah Yeahs are getting a lot of good press. They're on time this week.
Me: oh. What makes you think of that?
Mom: you burned me their CD
Me: really? [struggling. I know I enjoyed Fever to Tell, but I know it's not her kind of music. My mom likes bops and repeated choruses- really poppy stuff.]
Mom: Yes
Me: really? [still struggling]
Mom: Yes
Me: Mom, I burned you Clap Your Hands and Say Yeah.
Mom: oh, those aren't the same?
Me: oh, Mom, not at all. Um, I have to go.
Mom: I blew it now. You can get off the phone now that you have something to tell all your friends.
Me: Thanks, Mom. I love you.


I'm listening to:
Tori- To Venus and Back

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmmm, i found grizzly bear way better than the books. the books was just like listening to the CD and watching a DVD. snooooze

3:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahaha. Your poor mother. =P

Reminds me of conversations I've had with my mom, actually. ;)

5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.