Monday, August 22, 2005

The thing with immunology is that, much like orgo, I think it's make believe. It's pretty to draw the pictures and have molecules interacting and then changing structure, but when I know it takes dozens of tries to get an experiment to run correctly, what am I to assume the molecules are doing the rest of the time? I became a chemistry major because I thought it was fun to draw arrows and then erase lines to show that bonds were being broken. The whole thing was a puzzle I just liked to finish.

It has not escaped my notice that this has potential ramifications for my world view. What do I think is controlling the immune system, given that for most people it functions pretty predictably? Am I foregoing science and going intelligent design? Perhaps I've come to believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster theory of life?

I'm going shopping for Golas.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.