Monday, April 24, 2006

tarnation

I recently (as in, in the last 30 seconds*) participated in a phone-a-friend survey. Eager to impress my friends with my trivial acumen (or acumen in trivia), I quickly turned my brain on. It is my great hope that some day I am singled out by an acquaintance (it would mean that much more if it wasn't just a friend feeling obligated to pick me) to be his lifeline.

They asked: #1 selling album of all time
and I answered, without pausing: Thriller. With a flourish, I added, "Michael Jackson."

Wrong. Dead wrong, I am, according to the top 2 google searches. The number 1 selling album of all time, going multi-platinum (which apparently means selling a million albums) is The Eagles Greatest Hits.

Really?

Seriously?

I'm not disappointed in myself, I'm disappointed in you the American people. We are a society of consumers, Thriller is but a paltry million albums behind, get out there and consume.


I'm listening to:
Serena-Maneesh- s/t

*were not blogger being petulant this evening, the post really would have been up on time. Curses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.