Saturday, January 19, 2008

Notes on my week

1. I finally figured out why my Head Radio has been singing “Gobble Gobble Gobble” sporadically multiple times a day for months, well before Turkey Day. It’s the sample from seconds 10-30 of Girl Talk’s Summer Smoke. Osmosis is a strange thing.

2. Sandwiched between 2 Celine Dion muzak songs (where does my heart beat now and my heart will go on if you must now. Hearty, surprise.) was a (new to me) musak version of Serge Gainsbourg and Jane Birkin’s coffeeshop friendly Je t’aime… moi non plus (I might want to rethink thought. There are lots of hipsters who would play Serge in American coffeeshops. This was not played ironically or to enlarge the palate of listeners. It was muzak). I was sure I was wrong until I found myself singing along “Il va et il viens, entre mes reins” to the synth. Well played, House of Coffee.

3. I got 13 kilos of laundry done, but after 2 power outages much of it was returned to me damp. And by much of it I mean my sheets, the things I need the soonest. I’ve been chill on this ‘load-sharing’ rolling blackout business, if only because to complain about them opens the floor to discussion on race that I’m not good at having here, but wet sheets are lame.

4. Black pepper spiced feta is awesome.

5. Black pepper spiced feta (and the ubiquitous mayonnaise, which as valiantly as I try, I cannot escape- seriously, mayonnaise on a bagel with lox? Fuck you another ruined meal I'm still going to eat.) is a big part of why I’m not suspect for having active TB: no weight loss.

6. My chest x-ray is normal.

I leave tomorrow for 3 weeks at the beach. And by at the beach, I of course mean inside hospitals. I’m hopeful that there’ll be whale sightings next weekend.


I'm listening to:
Smashing Pumpkins- Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness (I'm so burnt out on Girl Talk and still it won't leave. GOBBLE GOBBLE GOBBLE it taunts)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.